Friday, February 11, 2011

Love is Patient, Love is Kind

This will be my last post until Sunday night, so I thought about writing something inspiring. Something that will absolutely blow your mind to pieces. That's probably not going to happen. First, I better think of a pretty intense topic. And I've figured that everyone likes to talk about love.

Love is a tricky, but beautiful thing. Sometimes, we don't know its present in our hearts. Other times, we're looking for love in all the wrong places and in all the wrong people. My friends and I sometimes argue in different 'types' of love, they would argue how there is only one kind of love, but I beg to differ. There are so many different types of love, like the kind of love you hold for your family. The love you have for your friends. The love you have for a partner or spouse. And ultimately, the love you have for God, and the astounding love He returns to you.

I guess you could say that the love you have for friends and family are quite similar, because I can say that my friends are pretty much part of my family. I'd do anything for either of them. I'd die for them, take a bullet, try to take away their pain, and do everything  in my power to make them happy.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (1 John 4:9-11)

This, I believe, is the greatest form of love. The love that God has for you, the everlasting love that will never change. I know girls, some of my best friends, have had past trouble with guys that turn out to be not what they thought. It's okay, honestly. Guys aren't perfect, sometimes they'll hurt you, or sometimes they'll be great and never do anything to upset you and will love you. But either way, God outshines all. No matter how sweet, how loving, or how loyal a guy is, God is the only man in your life you need.

So let's say that guy comes along. He makes you happy. He tells you his darkest secrets, and you do the same. But, as in one of my closest friends unfortunately had to deal with, they drifted apart. Some things wouldn't work. But the important part, and the part that amazes me, is that she says she doesn't feel resentment for him. She forgave him. And for that, I am so proud of her. Because she was the bigger 'man' in that situation. I love you, and I'm really proud. That takes strength. It's not all bad, because God does have a better, more amazing guy coming for you. And this is just a bump in the road, don't worry. Even if the guy doesn't come as soon as you want, you've got so many people that love you. God loves you.

As in your words, be undefined. Break the chain. I hope that made you laugh. "Girl, you gotta break that chain. NOW. Right here, right now!"

But a comforting message to you all: If you already haven't found that someone that makes you happy, don't worry. They're on the way. Until then, live life to the fullest. Be thankful for everything you've been given. There's always a reason to smile. Love God with everything you can muster.

Thanks for reading something that didn't make a lot of sense.

Until next time (:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

2 comments:

  1. i love you so much. this made me smile. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing 9: i lvoe you so much (: you inspire me so much i love youuuuuuuu! and i look up to yoiu (:

    ReplyDelete