Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Break the Chain

First blog post - ever. My hands are kind of shaky and I'm having trouble with finding the right words to type. Here it goes.

For the two of my friends that probably laughed at the title, I'm glad. For those who didn't think it was amusing in any way, I'm sorry for the confusion.
I thought the title (for the two that laughed) was a good way of explaining the way I'm feeling. I felt when I said "break the chain", I meant breaking away from people's expectations, making your own expectations, and starting something new. Begin something that wont, or can't, be stopped. I had titled my blog "Breaking Free" because I felt like everyone needs to take a look at things and get away from the burdens that are tying them down. Chaining them down. Don't worry, we all have our burdens. But that's why we look to God, He helps us through them.

For the people that haven't found God, or haven't experienced His awesomeness yet, don't worry. It's never too late. If you're afraid He doesn't love you, don't be. He loves every single person, He knows you completely. He knows everything about you, and loves you enough to send His only son to die for us. To take away all of our sin so we could have everlasting life with Him. I used to be afraid to go to Him, and I promise that my relationship with Him isn't perfect. But that's the beauty of it, you don't have to go to God already perfect. You go to Him completely broken, ruined, and He fixes you. I guess this was the purpose of my blog after all, to speak my mind about God and try to inspire others to find and follow Him.

I have my own troubles with God, and they're not easy. I'm not going to lie. One of my main struggles used to be the belief that He was even  there. Bad things happened in my life, and I couldn't believe that a God that loved us as much as the Bible or people said could let such horrible things occur. But I realized that life puts us through tests, our faith puts us through tests, and through God we will prevail. I believe that things also happen for a reason, and that there is good in the bad.

For the people that say "Oh, there's no proof that God even exists.", I'd just like to say that there is. You can find proof of God in many different things. I find my proof in my youth group, and just being there and worshiping Him moves me to tears. A friend of mine also told me that believing isn't seeing, and seeing isn't always believing, and faith is the ultimate test. Even if you can't see Him, He's there.

So back to the point I was trying to make - break the chain. Follow your heart, do what makes you happy, love God with every fiber of your being, and don't let anything hold you back. Inspire people to be the best they can be, and spread the Word.

Thanks (:

No comments:

Post a Comment